HOMEPAGE

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Salon de Manila’s Adlai Antonio The Son Shines, Too

IT’S time for the son to rise.

Twenty-three year-old Adlai Peter Antonio makes his momma proud by making his own name in the hairdstyling industry.

Adlai’s mom is no less than “Hairdresser to the Stars” Pin Antonio, owner and creative director of the posh Salon de Manila.

Adlai was chosen recently to represent the country as one of the best hairstylists in Asia for the “Best of Asia by World Tour” conducted by a world famous brand in hairstyling held in Macau last month.

His first break, though, was being tapped as one of the interpreters of a Hair Collection at a World Style Contest last year in manila where he first showed the world his mastery of precision cutting and creative coloring.

Since then, there is no turning back for this International Culinary Arts graduate. He is sought after by celebrities and and famous artists. “People expect a lot from me when they find out that I am the son of Pin Antonio. I am so proud of my mom but I hope that one day, I would be known for my own brand of artistry and creativity in the field of hairstyling,” Adlai said.

Adlai explains that his mom personally taught him and from these learnings, he infused ideas of his own.

“From my voguish imagination and the things I learned from my mom, I try to create one-of-a-kind styles that are real, daring and edgy,” Adlai proudly said.

Cooking was his first love and Adlai was reluctant at first to try hairstyling.

“But since my mom is in it, I tried giving it a shot. It felt good. Creativity in hairstyling, I guess, runs in the blood of the Antonios,” he chuckled.

Adlai said he realized that precision haircutting and creative coloring are similar to cooking.

“The chef prepares a dish for the customer, provide just the right ingredients to make the dish sumptuous so that the client would keep coming back because the chef has made him happy. The same thing with hairstyling, we try to make our clients happy and satisfied, we are passionate in our desire so that they will not only look good and feel good. The only time we can say that we did a great job is when the clients are happy and satisfied with our services,” Adlai said.

Guided by one of his mentors, Salon de Manila head colorist Lilia Lacbayen, Adlai continues to wow the crowd and making his momma proud.

No comments: